In May 2010 the European Union adopted the Digital Agenda as one of the seven key initiatives of development strategy Europe 2020, ...
ITS – CONNECTING TRANSPORT
ITS – CONNECTING TRANSPORT
The Electrotechnical Association of Slovenia together with Slovenian ITS Association will organize the 19th International Symposium on Electronics in Transport – ISEP which promotes the strategic objective of integrating and strengthening the European Research Area in Slovenia as well as in the other member States, Accession States and in some nearby countries.
The Symposiums’ 2011 theme is “ITS – Connecting Transport”. This theme brings focus to the importance of planning, developing and using innovative traffic infrastructure and vehicles in the way that they will cooperate with different telematics applications. Intelligent Transport Systems and Services continue to be deployed across Europe at an increasing pace for all modes of transport. ITS and related new technologies are now seen as crucial in contributing to transport efficiency and safety, as well as helping to reduce emissions and environment damage. The introduction of ITS greatly facilitates the interaction of all transport modes working together, including air sector and sea programme.
But, the current ITS, logistics or public transport solutions cannot meet the challenges modern society is facing today. Therefore, some questions could be addressed: Can we connect travel management and information to logistics operation? Can sustainable transport profit lesser road user charges, and if so, is ITS the means to measure this? How can we help public authorities to develop an integrated view on ITS, including its strategy development?
On the other hand, it is of great importance to establish a research network of Slovenia and nearby countries in the area of ITS and tie it to the European and regional research. Each of you will come with your own aspirations to the Symposium will share them with old and new colleagues.
Unique to this event is the encouragement of participation by PhD students who are involved in current state-of-the-art transport research and practical issues concerning ITS. The symposium will give PhD students the opportunity to present their PhD work to a knowledgeable audience. At the same time, it will offer the opportunity for the presentation of achievements of Slovene and foreign researchers.
Further, the symposium gives participants from ministries, universities, research organisations and industry the opportunity to establish personal contacts with the aim of stimulating the efficient transfer of research results to the market, according to the needs and expectations of users of all modes of transportation.
The aim of the symposium is also to encourage dialogue and cooperation among the participants who are involved in solving the problems and looking for common solutions.
ISEP Symposium is focusing on the following topics:
- ITS technologies in and for all modes of transport,
- Policy, strategy and standards for future ITS,
- ITS for energy efficiency and climate change mitigation,
- The role of ITS in railways, air and maritime traffic,
- ITS: saving time and lives,
- Safety performance evaluation,
- Congestion control and reduction,
- Travel time prediction
- Communications supporting mobility
- Public transport operations and urban mobility,
- Human aspect in ITS,
- Efficiency in long distance freight,
- Vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to infrastructure communication technologies and applications,
- Road pricing,
- Incident detection and emergency management,
- The policy and sociology of ITS communications,
- Traffic simulation and modelling,
- Business models for ITS applications,
- Traveller and Traffic information,
- Vehicle route guidance,
- Traffic management,
- Solutions for travellers with special needs,
- Digital maps,
- Weather monitoring with traffic control,
- ITS training and education,
- ITS architecture,
- eSafety vehicles.
Who should attend?
- Educators and Researchers,
- Representatives of Transport Organisations,
- State Officials and Local Community Officials,
- Communications Providers,
- ITS Manufacturers and Suppliers,
- Vehicle Manufacturers and Suppliers,
- Transport and Logistics Services Providers,
- Environmental Advocates,
- Representatives of Public Safety Organisations,
- System Integrators,
- Telematics Providers,
- Students of Technical and Humanistic Sciences.
CIN 2012 is Serious about Services
Conference Provides Hype-Free Information and Insights
Join leading telecom industry experts in Berlin, Germany, ...
Slovenian ITS Association under umbrella of the Electrotechnical Association of Slovenia will organize the jubilee 20th International Symposium on ...